the end...
This past Thursday was the last night of track racing. When I realized it was over for the year I was thrown into a depression that caused me to stop blogging. By Friday, I was over that, and was on to just being lazy. But anyway, the last night at the track was pretty fun, Matt Anderson's band was playing on the infield and Hollywood showed up and heckled all the racers a bit. I got beat in the first race, the 10 lap scratch, so I switched bikes (when you're renting you can do that) for one that had higher gearing. I had a much better race in the miss n out. After the last miss n out, where I was the first to be eliminated, I wasn't taking any chances, so I just went to the front and stayed there until the end. The last race was the points race - it was going really well until Hollywood yelled out to me that he had about 6 eligible bachelors lined up for me. Except when I looked over, they all seemed to be about 18. So I was a little flustered. Fortunately Bella Megan was on top of things and she went to the front and led the field up the track a bit, leaving it open for me to attack underneath and get away alone. Teammates are SWEET!
Hey, they made a movie with my name. Check out Karla. It actually looks pretty scary, but I'm sure I'll have to see it.
Then today, I solved one of my life's little mysteries. Last May or so, I was riding down West River Road with my Dartmouth cycling kit, and some woman running past yelled, "yeah Dartmouth!" There's this weird obsession with Dartmouth among its alumni, so I wasn't too surprised, but I still wanted to know who it was. So today, I headed out on a ride with Jen, Manda, Barb and Hubby, SPBRC Bob, and Julia, who Jen is currently recruiting. We got to chatting, and eventually discovered that we both went to that small school in New Hampshire, and she was the one that yelled at me! Moreover, we were in the same (gasp) sorority. Yes, I was in a sorority. Please don't judge me.
I'm looking forward to cyclocross next weekend. I still haven't decided if I'll head up to Moorhead, but I'll be in St Cloud for sure.
Hey, they made a movie with my name. Check out Karla. It actually looks pretty scary, but I'm sure I'll have to see it.
Then today, I solved one of my life's little mysteries. Last May or so, I was riding down West River Road with my Dartmouth cycling kit, and some woman running past yelled, "yeah Dartmouth!" There's this weird obsession with Dartmouth among its alumni, so I wasn't too surprised, but I still wanted to know who it was. So today, I headed out on a ride with Jen, Manda, Barb and Hubby, SPBRC Bob, and Julia, who Jen is currently recruiting. We got to chatting, and eventually discovered that we both went to that small school in New Hampshire, and she was the one that yelled at me! Moreover, we were in the same (gasp) sorority. Yes, I was in a sorority. Please don't judge me.
I'm looking forward to cyclocross next weekend. I still haven't decided if I'll head up to Moorhead, but I'll be in St Cloud for sure.
1 Comments:
Good luck CX racing! SD4life...I clicked on it...I get it now. And all along I just thought you were just an Alias fan.
Post a Comment
<< Home