Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ouch.

Here are my findings from the last couple of days:

1. It is not a good idea for me to ride with the 4/5 guys at the track.
2. Track-rash hurts like hell.
3. The Donimator is always good for a comforting word and doesn't even mind my pitiful wimpering after a good crash. Even though I drive a Honda.
4. The Walgreens on Central Ave (on the way home from the track) does not stock Tegaderm. The one in Uptown does. It also stocks a wide variety of tweezers, including pointed ones specially made for extracting splinters.
5. Roomie Paula would be a great surgeon, judging from her ability to deftly extract buried splinters from my back with an exacto knife.
6. Working on a Saturday sucks.
7. I'm glad Gilby is back at the track!

Mom - I crashed at the track, but everything is fine, nothing's broken. And after not riding for two days, I'm ready to head out tomorrow for a long ride in Wisconsin!

4 Comments:

Blogger Strats said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're wearing some of the track now! I think there's some sort of special club for people with Afzelia splinters...there's probably a secret handshake. I'm sorry I wasn't there to beg you not to do the 4/5's race.

Heal quickly!!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Gilby said...

And I feel bad for encouraging you to try a 4/5s race :c(

AN EXACTO KNIFE?! That makes me feel all queasy and lightheaded just thinking about it. I used a [disinfected] sewing needle to pry mine out far enough to get a grip on 'em with a tweezers.

Hope you are feeling better!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not too excited about it. I'd probably be more excited if I was going to school somewhere more interesting, like Colorado.

See ya in Chicago!! Maybe this time I'll actually recognize you. I didn't know who was who in Wisconsin.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Wild Reed said...

yikes I was wondering what happened to you when I saw you last night!! - just didn't get a chance to crash. Man I need to be at the track more often to know what's going on!

since I'm out of the loop enough not to know people's nicknames ... who is the Dominator?

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home