Sunday, October 15, 2006

Frustrated.

Why am I frustrated? Well, it's threefold (at least).

1. My race today was pretty frustrating. I don't even want to write about it. Ha.
2. On my way home from the race, I got taken out by a football. And now I have a huge bruise and patch of road rash on my keister. It all happened in slow motion - I was a block away from my house, and this football came rolling out into the road in front of me. I swerved away from it, and if footballs would just roll correctly, like other balls, it would have been fine. But footballs roll and bounce in the most unpredictable way imaginable and this one jumped right under my front wheel. Ouch. The poor owner of the football, a young boy, was close to tears, as was I, but when I thought about a possible scenario (his parents come outside to find us both sitting side by side on the curb pitifully bawling) I quickly sucked it up, told him not to worry, and headed home.
3. I'm way behind on bloggering! I'd never expect to compare with Smithers, but all the other local bloggers easily put me to shame as well, and now even (dis)pencer has entered the fray.

All in all, it was a beautiful day to be racing and the Alan guys put on a great race. A TON of people turned out to race, spectate, and drink beer. I witnessed a stellar beer hand-up to Skibby, who downed the whole cup in two gulps. Nice job, Skibby, you win!

Super-rookie
raced Bs this weekend and beat me today. S-R, it's on. I'll beat you next weekend.

Margot pulled off the win today - nice job, Margot! Apparently, it was a sprint finish between her and Linda S - they were neck and neck the whole way. I had some lovely muck-ups during the race (hence the frustration : ) but I was happy with the way I rode overall. I'm already psyched for Powderhorn next weekend, sounds like it's going to be an epic race!

8 Comments:

Blogger Skibby said...

KJK,
Don't be too frustrated, that's what this frickin sport does to you. What kind of bike problems did you have? I broke my fork half way thru, some dude borrowed me his bike so I could finish, now I need to spend more money I wasn't planning on spending so I can race in the fake mud next weekend!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Ouch! Sorry about the football attack. I hope the road rash fades away fast and...thanks for adding to my vocabulary (e.g. keister).

Take care and good luck at Powderhorn!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Tuffy said...

The best conversation I heard all day yesterday:

Karla: "If you guys are going to go slow, move over so I can pass!"

GP Guy: "Quit your b****** and race!"

Haha...Nice!

7:54 AM  
Blogger StevenCX said...

Hey you looked good out there - that's what counts! Besides, this was just a warm-up for Powderhorn! And WTF - 'Quit your b****** and race!' - sounds like someone was pissy about getting girled! LOL! Score a chain catcher before Sunday Karla! I've never dropped a chain since I got mine.

8:43 AM  
Blogger (dis)pencer said...

maybe karla should get a new kit for next season... i'm just sayin'.

12:55 PM  
Blogger karla said...

Haha, you guys are great.
Skibby, you are pretty much my favorite 'cross racer, just because you pretend to hate it so much - sorry about your fork!

Tuffy - Ooops, I didn't mean for anyone to necessarily hear that conversation. And afterwards, I was like, "wow, did I really say that? That wasn't very nice." I apologized after the race though.

Super-Rookie - don't apologize, believe me, it takes a lot more than that to offend me :) it's also not the first time Margot and I have been confused for each other...

(dis) - point well taken : )

1:39 PM  
Blogger Strats said...

You rock at cross - I can understand why you're frustrated, but we're all jealous of ur skillz.

Oh, and quit your b****** and blog.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Skibby said...

I'm not pretending!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home