Monday, October 16, 2006

Amazing.

Interestingly enough, my car was stolen this evening. So, if you see someone driving around a 3-tone (blue body, silver hood, black left fender) 4-door Honda Civic with a Saris rack on top... that's my car. Please notify the Minneapolis Police.

I'm still trying to figure out WHY someone would steal my crappy car. It doesn't even have a car radio in it! (That had already been stolen) At least Powderhorn is within riding distance this weekend : )

15 Comments:

Blogger Skibby said...

omg! you are having a rough run of luck! You should replace your honda with a Hummer, sounds like the Grumpys/LGR squad would pay for your gas for you to drive them around...

12:55 AM  
Blogger StevenCX said...

That sucks! Statistics show that Civics are very popular cars for stealing due to their reliability and popularity with the street racing crowd. Could already be halfway to Mexico by now!

8:56 AM  
Blogger (dis)pencer said...

you should get a crappy volvo.

mine never got touched when i lived over there...

it never really started either, so that might have had something to do with it...

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karla, it was me, I think you had that case of double caffeinated tangerine gels in the back seat.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Donimator said...

Karla,

If I see them, I will run them (not the Honda) over with the Hummer.

2:24 PM  
Blogger karla said...

Skibby, that sounds like a possible career change for me - LGR soignuer? in a Hummer? I like it.

Now that my civic is in Mexico, why not?

Donimator - thank you very much. I do appreciate your sparing my Honda when you run over the theif.

I'm now open to suggestions on what kind of car I should look for next. Of course, I'm considering a Hummer, but if I were to go towards something more similar to my Honda...

3:24 PM  
Blogger StevenCX said...

Subaru WRX wagon. Good for hauling bikes + gear, yet zippy and fuel efficient, with 4WD for Minnesota winters.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Karla, being the car whore I am (4 new cars in something like 7 years), I got to try out a lot. Used? Go with a VW-those affordable butt warmers are incredible on a cold day!! New? Toyota Corolla-economical and comfy and last forever. So sorry about your car :-( That's just not right!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Sascha said...

I have a mazda 3. It's zippy and fun to drive and I seriously managed to get 6 bats of insulation into today. Not that you care about that, but you can also fit two bikes in the hatch ;)and a Saris on the back.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

DON'T BUY AN AUDI, WHATEVER YOU DO!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Gilby said...

All hope may not be lost! A friend of mine has had both Toyotas she's owned stolen in Minneapolis, but both were recovered. One was across town, the other was mere blocks away. Both had been vandalized, but the repair/cleanup was covered by insurance.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Skibby said...

I wouldn't buy an Audi either, if you're not going to buy a Hummer, get a Chevy S10 extended cab, all your race crap can pile up behind the seat and your car will smell like a race locker room....

4:54 PM  
Blogger SickBoy said...

wtf is up with people calling cars "zippy"? jeez...

For the record, Karla, I see nothing wrong with sticking with Honda if you liked your Civic.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Christopher Smith said...

Have you considered that a friend of yours may have coordinated with the show Overhaulin' and your car may be in the process of getting pimped out as I write?

Hummm?

Yea, it's probably not though...

11:59 PM  
Blogger karla said...

Thanks for all the input. Saturday is car-shopping day. Sickboy, I hear ya on the "zippy" - to be honest, I just don't think zippy is a quality I'm going after. At the risk of sounding like a soccer mom, I want something practical, reliable, decent in the snow, and with good gas mileage.

Smithers - I hadn't considered that possibility. That would be nice but, yea... probably not though : )

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home